On June 19, 2018 at approximately 6:24am officers of the Napanee Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report of a robbery at a gas station on Center St, in Napanee. A male entered the gas bar and demanded money, and took a quantity of cash.
On June 20, 2018 approximately 3:25pm, Belleville Police located and arrested the suspect in the City of Belleville. Charged is 28 year old Will Truscott of Greater Napanee.
The accused is charged with
- Armed Robbery sec 343(d) of the Criminal Code of Canada (CC);
- Possession of prop obtained by Crime – stolen vehicle sec 354(1)(a) CC;
- Possession of Prohibited weapon sec 117.01(1) CC;
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon sec 91(2) CC;
- Fail to comply with probation sec 733.1 CC;
- Utter Threats sec 264(1)(a) CC;
- Carry a weapon for the purpose of committing a criminal offence sec 88 CC;
- Drive suspended sec 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
The accused will appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Napanee on June 20, 2018 for a bail hearing.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Napanee OPP at 1-888-310-1122. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000 or report anonymously online at tipsubmit.com