A 46-year-old local woman has been charged with attempted murder after stabbing her ex common-law in the neck over money.
On May 1, 2018 at approximately 12:00 p.m. the victim returned to his west end residence at a Princess Street motel. Kingston Police say that the victim’s ex common-law, the accused, was waiting outside and began arguing with him over money. The victim invited the accused inside and she seemed to calm down. When his back was turned the accused allegedly stabbed him in the neck. After a brief struggle the victim was able to escape from the accused and run to the nearby motel office to ask for police to be called.
On arrival, police officers found the accused standing at the victim’s front door and arrested her without incident. The victim was treated and taken to hospital by Frontenac Paramedics, while the accused was transported to Kingston Police headquarters where she was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
She has been charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault, and possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
• Kingston Police (613-549-4660) www.kingstonpolice.ca
• Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services/online/path-of-strength-app/
• Kingston Interval House http://kingstonintervalhouse.com/
• Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – http://sackingston.com/
• Resolve Counselling Services Canada https://resolvecounselling.org/
• KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://kfacc.org/. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
• Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
• Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
• Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
• Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
• Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
• Canadian Centre for Men and Families http://www.menandfamilies.org/